Hello Everyone, my name is Brian Poole and I’m the owner and founder of Moon Tree Mastering! Over the years, I have built my business and reputation on providing excellent service to my clients! It’s as simple as that.
Engineers trust me to respect their mixes, producers appreciate my open communication, and artists know their project will be treated with the same care and attention whether they recorded at a top notch recording studio or in someone’s basement.
What does a mastering engineer do?
“Mastering” is the process of preparing a project for distribution. It might involve, but is not limited to:
- Critical listening, to verify that there are no technical errors in the final product.
- Fixing equalization problems that were caused by poor acoustics in the original production/mixing room.
- Applying final tone control to match the overall tone of other tracks in the collection, or comparable tracks in the same genre.
- Applying final loudness adjustments to match the level of other tracks in the collection, or comparable tracks in the same genre.
- Sequencing of tracks into a collection ( i.e. sequencing songs on a CD ).
- Applying frequency-limiting and dynamic-range adjustments, to match the media that will be distributed.
- Creation of metadata (such as track markers, song name(s), performance rights, etc ) for the distribution media.
- Exporting/packaging the distributable in a format that is suitable for the next stage of duplication/distribution.